This old Gunite swimming pool in Upper Constantia had received a fibreglass lining some 25 years previously. The lining had blowhole delamination in places and a worn and degraded surface with faded tissue mosaics.
The skimmer box (weir) was incorrectly positioned and the suction line was too long. The pool light was not functional and was leaking. The pump and filter were undersized for this large swimming pool.
POOL RENOVATION INCLUDED:
- Preparation of the host surface for the new lining.
- New fibreglass lining with a finishing coat (top coat) in white.
- A new re-positioned skimmer box and new re-configured suction and return lines.
- 2 new Superblue pool lights were fitted.
- New correctly sized pump and pool filter were supplied and installed.
- A new Salt chlorinator was also installed.