This Old Gunite pool, which had received a fibreglass lining many years previously, was starting to lose water at a steady rate. The fibreglass lining was cracking and peeling back in places, There were holes in the lining and delamination in a number of areas of the pool.
POOL RENOVATION INCLUDED:
- Preparation of the host surface which included cutting out and removing all loose and flaking material.
- Repair of all cracks and holes in the host surface.
- Apply a new fibreglass lining with a finishing coat (top coat) in blue.
- Replace the existing rusted metal aimflow with a rigid PVC aimflow.
- Apply ceramic mosaic pool tiles to the circumference of the pool and on the step area.
- Apply non-slip to the step area of the pool.
- Cut an expansion joint in and around the entire pool circumference directly behind the pool coping.
- The pool water was stored in porta pools for the duration of the renovation.