POOL RENOVATION INCLUDED:
- A new fibreglass lining in Cape Grey was applied to this established Gunite pool.
- The existing pool coping tiles were re-set and a new finish was applied to them.
- The existing ceramic pool mosaic tiles were retained and new grouting was applied.
- The pool water was stored in porta pools during the renovation.
Sometimes a pool renovation can provide us with an unexpected challenge!
– In this case it was water ingression from below the pool once the pool water had been emptied out. The pool water was green and murky and Black algae was present in this pool.
The client’s instructions:
√ Store the pool water during renovation,
√ Re-line the pool with a pale grey finish and
√ Give attention to the pool coping which was not going to be replaced.
√ The client also elected to retain the existing ceramic pool mosaics.
What did we do?
► We re-seated the pool coping and re-finished the surfaces on the coping stones.
► We had to treat and repair the water ingression areas before the pool surface could be re-lined.
The pictures show the pool complete with new lining and the new finish on the coping stones.
The water will now be pumped back into the pool and the process of treating the water to get it clear and sparkling will now begin. This is a process that can take some time!